Sunday, May 9, 2021

Wayne Boring Original Art

So, what's the deal with this piece of art by legendary comic book artist Wayne Boring?

Check it out:



This is another mystery. I've only seen this on the Heritage Auctions website and they don't have any info about it either.

Was it part of some project that went unrealized? When's it from? Looks like the 1960s?

It doesn't really look much like Wayne Boring's work to me, which I'm familiar with from his work on the Superman comic books. He was the Superman artist of the 1950s.

This art has more of a, say, "Mad" magazine Paul Coker, Jr. vibe to me, but you can see Wayne's name on the bottom right.

Here's a few representations of Wayne Boring's Superman, which is instantly recognizable to me:




But the art from "A Christmas Carol" is another mystery. When Nick Carter is done with Otto Kruger and Uncle Toby, we have another case for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment