Tuesday, August 11, 2020

"A Christmas Carol: The Graphic Novel" (2008) - Classical Comics - Part 2




A couple more words about the 2008 graphic novel adaptation of "A Christmas Carol" from Classical Comics...

It has a pretty neat "Dramatis Personae" showing each of the characters who appear in the story:




Of particular note is that Fred's wife obtained the name Alice!

I find it a bit odd that the charity collectors aren't shown. I mean even the schoolmaster gets a nod!

And Belle gets two versions, young and older. Young Scrooge doesn't get his own mug shot!

And I definitely appreciate that Mrs. Dilber is identified as the laundress, not the charwoman!

I like the artwork, it's sort of modern yet classic(al) at the same time.



One thing I will say is that Marley's Ghost totally looks like a Jack Kirby character. The Thing, perhaps? I almost expected Marley's Ghost to yell, "It's clobberin' time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment