Friday, March 25, 2022

Bransby Williams Returns!


Way back when (here) I had been wondering if the recording on this Bransby Williams LP from Decca Records were new recordings or reissues of his old 78s:


I think I have the solution, which is based on this 1949 LP on London Records:

I'm presuming the London album is a U.S. issue of the British Decca album, which presumably had originally been released in 1949 or earlier.

In any event, the Scrooge cuts are extremely similar to the 78s with some slight differences:


Of course, the LP I have access to is so scratchy that it might as well be from 78s, but I think those are new recordings using the same basic script from his old "My Sketches from Dickens" book.

Whatever the case, I always enjoy hearing Mr. Williams!

No comments:

Post a Comment