Tuesday, February 2, 2021

"Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol" Punch-Out Book (1963)


"Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol" Punch-Out Book (1963)
Golden Press

One of the things brought to my attention by the book "Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol, The Making of the First Animated Christmas Special" by Darrell Van Citters is that there was a merchandising tie-in to the special back in the day.

In 1963, Golden Press published a "punch-out" book based on the special, the idea being that you could punch out characters from the book and set up little scenes.

I don't know how many of these were floating around in 1963, but I imagine that a lot of them were punched out, as that's what you were supposed to do.

Some fun artwork, very on-model:






Is it just me, though, or does Belinda look a little too, ummm, shall we say, sophisticated?


Anyway, so, now when I get that time machine, I'll grab 29¢ (plus tax) and go back to 1963! Oh, and I'll bring an extra 29¢ and see if I can grab one of these too:


So much fun for 29¢ back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment